The quickstarts provide step by step instructions for various common IdentityServer scenarios. They start with the absolute basics and become more complex - it is recommended you do them in order.
- adding IdentityServer to an ASP.NET Core application
- configuring IdentityServer
- issuing tokens for various clients
- securing web applications and APIs
- adding support for EntityFramework based configuration
- adding support for ASP.NET Identity
Every quickstart has a reference solution - you can find the code in the samples folder.
The first thing you should do is install our templates:
dotnet new -i IdentityServer4.Templates
They will be used as a starting point for the various tutorials.
If you are using private NuGet sources do not forget to add the –nuget-source parameter: –nuget-source https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json
OK - let’s get started!